Care and Maintenance
Click Here for WOCA Maintenance-GWI
To ensure the full benefit of warranties and to extend the beauty of your new hardwood floor, we recommend the following preventive maintenance steps:
- Use floor mats at all entrances to help keep dirt and moisture from being tracked in. Area rugs are recommended in high traffic areas and at sinks. Mats and area rugs should be slip resistant with backing that will not discolor the floor.
- To help guard against scratches and dents, install felt floor protectors under furniture legs and equipmentUse soft rubber castors for rolling furniture.
- Do not wear high heel shoes or shoes that need repair while walking on your hardwood floor. Some types of high heel shoes can severely damage the surface of any floor covering.
- Maintain a healthy humidity range at 40%–60%, which could require either a humidifier or a dehumidifier. Certain regions within North America have extreme changes in humidity levels that can affect all wood floors.
- For cleaning, use a hardwood floor cleaner specified for pre-finished polyurethane coated hardwood floors. We recommend a damp mop system that does not allow any loose liquid to touch the floor. Hardwood floor cleaner is available at most local hardware stores. Never use wax!
Contact your dealer for recommended maintenance and floor care products for polyurethane finished hardwood flooring.
- Do not let sand, dirt and grit build up on your floors.
- Dust, sweep and vacuum floors regularly.
- For cleaning, use a hardwood floor cleaner specified for pre-finished polyurethane coated hardwood floors.